8 pieces of pineapple, sliced into 4 inch spears
½ gallon of corn oil
½ cup of flour, all-purpose
½ cup of corona
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
4 sprigs fresh cilantro
1. Bring the oil up to 360-365 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the flour and beer and whisk until smooth to create the batter. Add the chunks of pineapple and toss to coat on all sides.
3. Add the battered covered pineapple pieces to the oil using tongs and let them fry until golden brown and crispy.
4. In another large mixing bowl, add the cream, powdered sugar and cilantro and whip with a whisk until the cream is firm with lovely stiff peaks.
5. Remove the pineapple form the oil and drain on some paper towel.
6. To plate, add to pieces of pineapple resting on top of one another and add 2-3 tablespoons of Cilantro Whipped Cream over the top. Garnish with a sprig of fresh cilantro and serve.