2 cups campanelle pasta
½ cup small dice red onion
1/3 cup small dice green bell pepper
1/3 cup small dice red bell pepper
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
½ tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon paprika
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 wedges of lime
1. Add pasta to a large pot of boiling water and cook until al dente.
2. Using a large sauté pan, over med-high heat, add a touch of olive oil and the onions and peppers. Allow them to caramelize for 3-5 minutes then add the garlic. Cook for another 2-3 minutes then add the beer and bouillon and stir. Bring to a boil and let reduce slightly (about 5 minutes.)
3. In a small bowl, add the shrimp and dust with the paprika, some salt and pepper and a bit of olive oil and mix until the shrimp are evenly coated. Using tongs, add them to a smokin’ hot grill and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
4. Once the pasta is finished, drain and add them to the sauté pan with the broth and stir.
5. To plate, add about 1 cup of the noodles and broth into a bowl and place 6 of the shrimp over the top. Garnish with a bit of lime and chopped parsley then serve.